Saving money is becoming a trend between people of the working classes. It is more popular and it is a more sensible choice within an era where recession is the way people live their lives.
With people scrimping and fighting to get to the end of the month with a positive bank balance, it is becoming harder and harder to save even a minimal amount of money. There are things that you can do to reduce the outgoings in your budget.
Money Saving Tips
1. Wait for the sale to buy your clothing – Imagine, it’s the beginning of the season and you have just noticed a jumper in the shop window. You can’t really afford it but you buy it anyway. What you should have done is, wait a few months and then jumper will have been in the seasonal sale for half the price, and you wouldn’t have gone into the red to buy it. You don’t even have to worry about things going out of fashion because fashions always come back around.
2. Medicines – Buying brand named medicines will cost you more money than you need to spend. If you buy the stores own brand, it will be a lot cheaper. The packaging will be a little less pretty, but the actual medicine will have the same ingredients.
3. Try instead of buy – instead of buying magazines and books that you may read only once, get a membership to your local library and read them there. This works with DVD’s and Music as well. There are services like Netflix and Spotify, where you pay a small monthly fee and you have access to massive catalogues of DVDs and Albums.
4. Pass on costly insurance packages – For example, if you buy a new cellular phone these days, the sales clerk scares you with possibilities of breaking your brand new phone and having to buy a new one. Then they try and sell you insurance policies, but these policies are almost impossible to get money on claims. You can’t claim if your screen get smashed (which is what most people do) and you can get it fixed at ‘phone doctor’ shops on the high street, for less than the monthly premium.
5. Use Promo and Discount Codes – If you have a smart phone, there are apps which will give you codes for cut prices on meals or groceries or even holidays. You just open it up and it works via location services, so if you are standing outside Wal-Mart, then it will automatically give you the codes for that shop. If you don’t have a smart phone, you access these services via the websites but you have to print the codes in advance.
These tips are just small tips for you to save a little extra on things you would normally buy, but if you are smart and learn how to save money, you will notice a massive reduction in your outgoings every month.